Sunday, March 13, 2011

Taupo: 4 Mar to 6 Mar

In Taupo it rained. That's about it!

The ride there was beautiful! It was raining and cloudy, but it was so amazing, with all the greys and dark greens.  We went to look at the lake, but there wasn't much to see.
Lake Taupo
Supposedly mountains were back there (and it's true, because we hiked through them a few days later), but we couldn't see any. 

The 5th there was an iron man competition. We saw them biking, and then later in the day running. All in the rain. Really, all there was to do was eat. Which we did lots of. We went to the Pak 'n save quite a few times. 

Once, walking through the streets, about 20 vintage cars drove past, followed by a herd of motorcycles. It was weird. And about half the cars were "normal" ones, with the steering wheel on the left. 
Just some normal cars, since that's all I have a picture of (but I don't think many people read the captions anyways, so quite possibly they will be deceived)

I'm sure Taupo is a beautiful place, but we couldn't hike or anything, so it was kind of a downer. 
Entrance to the boat harbor

Lake Taupo
So go to Taupo some time...but make sure it's sunny! 
Super excited about the rain!




4 comments:

  1. The background picture is phat! Is it really you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I love it! Jen took it. She takes some sweet pictures. It's me in front, and some other random people in front of me.

    I think your comments are quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really cool picture! Why didn't you post it regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry I will! I just haven't got to it yet. by the way...what time does it say you posted that last comment? for me it says march 15 at 12:34am

    ReplyDelete